Sunday, May 31, 2015

Amy's Pasta Salad ***

This was wonderful once again.  I love the pepperonis after they've soaked up some of the dressing.  I really didn't make any changes, other than never using the last 1/2 bottle of dressing.  The 1-1/2 was plenty, in my opinion.  I think that any more would have surely overpowered the veggies.  I also used frozen broccoli florettes and cauliflower.  I didn't know if it would work as well, but I steamed them, and it came out just as well as the fresh.  This makes a TON of salad, though.  Perfect for our Memorial Day get together!  It was absolute deliciousness! (For the record, I'm not the "Amy" in the title.  That's pure coincidence, lol.)


AMY'S PASTA SALAD
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Cooks.com)

2 bottles Paul Newman Italian salad dressing
2 tomatoes
1 white onion
1 green pepper
1 head cauliflower
1 head broccoli
1 can black olives
1 pkg. tri-colored pasta corkscrew noodles
1 pkg. small pepperoni
1 small-medium container feta cheese
Garlic powder
Pepper
Oregano
Parmesan cheese

Cook noodles as directed on package. Steam broccoli and cauliflower until crisp. Cut up all other vegetables, cheese and pepperoni. Mix all of the above in very large bowl. Add 1 bottle dressing, mix well. Add seasonings to your liking. I add it 2-3 times while mixing. Add 1/2 of the second bottle of dressing and mix well. Refrigerate overnight before serving. Add rest of dressing. Great for picnics and large groups!

No comments: