Monday, April 13, 2015

Squash with Green Chilies ****

This was one of our favorites years ago, but according to my records, I haven't made it since 2012.  That was when my youngest was 7, and he wouldn't eat anything with any spice to it at all.  Once his tastes changed (he now loves Buffalo Chicken Pizza, lol), I had forgotten all about it.  Something on Pinterest the other day reminded me of it, so I put it on the menu.  Yum, yum, yum!  I love squash, and so do hubby and the youngest.  The oldest tolerates it, lol, but he likes it in this one.  There's something really good about pairing the slightly softened squash with the crisp corn.  It's just good stuff.  The 9-year-old kept saying, "I love these vegetables!"  Made me a pretty happy mama.  :)


SQUASH WITH GREEN CHILIES
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy )

2 yellow squash, sliced and quartered
2 zucchini squash, sliced and quartered
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz roasted green chilies
14 oz whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup (or more) shredded Cheddar cheese

Sauté squash, zucchini, and onion in oil in skillet until tender. Add green chilies and corn; mix well. Heat to serving temperature. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand until cheese melts.
Yield: 6-8 servings

No comments: