Monday, February 1, 2016

Slow-Cooked Ham and Corn Chowder ***

I first made this one back in 2009, and I'm ashamed to say that we never had it again.  I've been trying to remake some oldies from the blog, though, and this one seemed pretty perfect for the small ice that we had a few weeks ago.  It was perfect for the cold weather, and it's the ideal comfort food.  I served it with a nice crusty bread.  I am definitely not going to wait another 6 years to have it again!


SLOW-COOKED HAM AND CORN CHOWDER
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar)

2 1/2 cups milk
1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups frozen corn
1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
1 cup cubed cooked ham
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
salt and pepper
1-2 dash Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

No comments: