Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bacon-Cheese Pull-Aparts ****

We love these each time I make them.  They're super simple to throw together in the mornings, and the kids always immediately request to have them again.  I still haven't tried doubling it, since I can never remember when I'm doing my grocery shopping.  But with just the two boys eating, it gives me two mornings of breakfast for them.  Doubling would easily give two breakfasts for all four of us.  It's not super cheesy or super eggy, but it's the perfect combo of the two.


BACON-CHEESE PULL-APARTS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Pillsbury)

1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original Biscuits
1 (2.1-oz.) pkg. precooked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 oz. (3/4 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (4 medium)

Heat oven to 350*F. Spray 11x7- or 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until smooth.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Gently stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly. Fold in bacon, cheese and onions. Spoon mixture into sprayed dish; arrange biscuit pieces in single layer.
Bake at 350*F for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
*Amy's notes: I left out the green onions and used a round glass pie dish.  Next time, I want to double and try in a 9x13 pan.

Previous reviews:
12/24/13 ~ These are pure heaven.  I did mine in a round glass pie dish, since I don't have the sizes suggested in the original recipe.  They came out perfectly at 23 minutes.  Next time, I'm going to double it and put it in a 9x13.  I'd love to see if leftovers (assuming there were any, lol) would reheat successfully for breakfasts through the week.  I did leave out the green onions, since I thought the flavors would be perfect without them.  Plus, the kids are not big fans of onions in breakfast food.  I also just noticed that it says to cut into squares.  I just pulled them apart at the seams.  I think the square thing wouldn't spread the flavors out right, for some reason.
We all fell in love at first bite, though.  The biscuits cook completely, so it's not like they're soggy and eggy or anything (one of my original fears).  It's an unbelievably easy recipe, so the kids can help throw it together (a concern for us right now, since both kids are getting big into helping in the kitchen).  This is definitely a winner.  I could happily eat it every Saturday morning for the rest of my life. ;-)

1 comment:

Hun.... WFD said...

These sound super yummy! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.