Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Mississippi Roast (Crockpot) ****

Oh. my. word.  I am practically speechless.  This was so delicious.  I'm usually not even a fan of beef roasts, because they always seem too dry.  The only way I'll eat them at all is in Slow Cooker Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders.  This is similar to that one in flavor, but I really liked the addition of the pepperoncinis.  I once made a roast that was basically just throwing the roast in the crockpot with a whole jar of pepperoncinis, and it was absolutely horrible.  For that reason alone, I've put off making this one for ages.  But with it's popularity all over Pinterest, several friends have given it rave reviews.  I knew I had to give it a shot.  I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I could absolutely make this again this weekend.  I served it with mashed potatoes (and green beans), and the gravy is just too die for over the potatoes.  My taste buds were actually sad when my belly got full!  I didn't really make any intentional changes.  I couldn't find any au jus packets at the store, so I just used a beef gravy packet.  My pepperoncinis were small, so I used 10 instead of 5.  And since I was short on time, I cooked it on high for 5 hours.  I can only imagine how much better it would be when cooked on low, because it was dang near perfection, even on high. I also used two smaller roasts because I couldn't find any large ones at the time.



MISSISSIPPI ROAST (CROCKPOT)
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ FabulousFoodBlog)

1 chuck roast
1 packet Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
1 packet McCormick au jus mix
1 stick unsalted butter
5 pepperoncini peppers

Place roast in crockpot.  Center stick of butter on top of roast.  Sprinkle with dressing and au jus mix.
Scatter pepperoncinis around the butter
DO NOT ADD WATER. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs.

2 comments:

BethAnne said...

We have this recipe in our regular rotation and it is seriously the best roast recipe ever. Not only that, but it's the best "easy" recipe I've ever used!

Definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone!

Amy said...

We loved it so much that we're having it again tonight! :-)