Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Creamy Slow-Cooker Tortellini Soup ***

This was pretty good.  I dearly love both spinach and tortellini, so it didn't surprise me much that I loved it.  I made a few changes, but none of them were intentional.  I only had 3 cups of spaghetti sauce, but I had some pizza sauce and diced tomatoes I could sub.  Then I had some frozen browned ground turkey to add to it.  I ran out of Parmesan, so I just topped with mozzarella.  I let my tortellini sit in there on high for about 30 minutes, and they still could have stood just a little bit longer.  There's no way they would have been ready after 15 minutes.  I used regular cream cheese, cut into squares, but it still didn't melt completely.  It wasn't noticeable in the taste, though.  All in all, it was pretty yummy.  I'd definitely make it again.


CREAMY SLOW-COOKER TORTELLINI SOUP
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ HeatherLikesFood)

6 cups of your favorite homemade meaty spaghetti sauce or 24 oz jar prepared spaghetti sauce + 1/2 lb browned ground beef + 1/2 lb browned Italian sausage
1/2 bag (4.5 oz) fresh spinach leaves
4 C chicken broth
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
16 oz frozen cheese tortellini

Combine spaghetti sauce (and meat if adding it in separately), spinach, cream cheese, chicken broth, and mushrooms in a slow-cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, on high for 2-3.
20 minutes before serving, turn heat to high if it isn't already an stir in frozen tortellini. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender and hot.
Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: