Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole ***

I say this every time, but I'm going to say it again.  Anything with "tater tot" in the name is a recipe that I am almost definitely going to have to try immediately.  This one was no different.  I jumped right on it, as soon as I came across it on Pinterest.  It's hard to find good breakfast casseroles, and as simple as this one is, it actually tastes pretty good.  I used Egg Beaters, since I had some to use up.  I'll absolutely do that again.  Super simple!  I think it would be great to use it as a jumping off point for adding veggies.  I'd love to try it with ham and mushrooms and green peppers.  The kids and hubs loved it.  We were leaving town that afternoon, so I took the leftovers to my parents.  They loved it too.  I'll definitely be making it again!


TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ MessForLess)

6 eggs
2 packages of 10 oz sausage links
1 cup milk
16 oz Tater tots
2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish. Brown sausage according to package directions and cut into bite-sized pieces. Spread cooked and cut sausage onto greased casserole dish.
In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Cover the sausage in the casserole dish with the egg mixture.
Cover with one cup of cheese. If you will be serving this the next morning like I did, cover and refrigerate at this point. You will be performing the next steps in the morning.
Spread 16 oz of tater tots on top of the cheese.
Add the remainder of the cheese on top.
Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments: