Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Crockpot Meatball Stroganoff ***

I do my reviews on a 4-star basis.  1 stars are recipes that we hate so badly that I will review, but I don't link to them from my main page.  These are recipes that will never be made in my kitchen again, for whatever reason.  2 stars are good, but there's nothing special enough to guarantee that they'll be made again.  We didn't dislike them, but we didn't necessarily enjoy them either.  3 stars aren't super-stellar, but I would definitely make them again.  We all enjoyed them.  4 stars are self-explanatory and are typically regulars for us.

The reason for that long spiel is to say that this is probably just a 2-star recipe where taste is concerned, but the fact that it's so amazingly simple earns it an extra star from me.  I would make this one again.  We all liked it.  The flavor was good, even though it wasn't anything that would blow me away.  It actually reminded me a lot of one of my regular dishes (and one of hubby's favorites), Meatball Goulash, although the Goulash is definitely our preference between the two.  I mixed my noodles directly into the crockpot at the end, just because that's how we like our stroganoff.  Next time, I'm going to throw some fresh mushrooms in there.  It just really felt like they were missing.  Other than that, I don't really think there's anything I'd change, and I surprisingly didn't have to alter the recipe to fit what I had on hand, which is a miracle in itself. :-)

ETA: We later tried Crockpot Swedish Meatballs, and I definitely prefer that recipe to this one.


CROCKPOT MEATBALL STROGANOFF
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ JuliesEatsAndTreats)

1 bag (2.5 lbs) frozen, precooked meatballs
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can beef broth
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp A1 sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg (16 oz) egg noodles

In the crockpot, mix soup, broth, garlic powder, onion and A1 sauce; add meatballs. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours.
When mixture is done cooking, add sour cream and mix; continue cooking in the crockpot another 20 minutes.
While your sour cream is cooking in the mixture prepare your egg noodles according to package directions.
Mix noodles and meatballs together, or serve meatballs on top of noodles.

No comments: