Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Caramelized Brown Sugar Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple ***

As long as we were using the grill for hamburgers and Grilled Brussels Sprouts, I figured we might as well put some dessert on there too. :-)  This is nothing fancy, but the sauce is to-die-for.  I seriously could have just eaten that with a spoon.  A small piece of pineapple fell off into the sauce as I was dipping them, and I popped it in my life.  I actually think I liked it even better than the end result, lol.  But it's sugar, butter, and cinnamon.  Like there was ever any doubt that it would be delicious!  I didn't bother with what she said about using the pan.  I just mixed it up in a bowl and then dipped the pineapple slices into it.  As sticky as it is, I think the pan idea would be way too messy for me.  But however you do it, this is definitely a winner in our book!


CARMELIZED BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON GRILLED PINEAPPLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ TheRecipeCritic)

One pineapple cut into spears
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1 tsp Cinnamon

Lay the pineapple spears on a pan. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. (If it seems thick, I always put it in the microwave for a few seconds so that it can easily pour on top of the pineapple.) Spread on top of the pineapple.
Grill for about 7-10 minutes or until it is starting to turn golden brown. I always like to brush the excess sauce from the pan back on top of the pineapple before serving.

No comments: